1 a gathering of military personnel for duty; "he was thrown in the brig for missing muster"
1 gather or bring together; "muster the courage to do something"; "she rallied her intellect"; "Summon all your courage" [syn: rally, summon, come up, muster up]
2 call to duty, military service, jury duty, etc.
- /ˈmʌs.tə(r)/, /"mVs.t@/
- Rhymes: -ʌstə(r)
- Something shown for imitation; a pattern.
- A show; a display.
- An assembling or review of troops, as for parade, verification of numbers, inspection, exercise, or introduction into service.
- The sum total of an army when assembled for review and inspection; the whole number of effective men in an army.
- Any assemblage or display; a gathering.
- A collection of peafowl (an invented term rather than one used by zoologists).
- A roundup of livestock for branding, drenching, shearing etc.
- The act of mustering.
something shown for imitation
- Polish: wzór
a show; a display
- Polish: pokaz
an assembling or review of troops
- Polish: przegląd
the sum total of an army
any assemblage or display
- Polish: zgromadzenie
a collection of peafowl
- Polish: stadko
a roundup of cattle
- Polish: spęd
- To collect and display; to assemble.
- To summon together; to enroll in service; to get together.
- To be gathered together for parade, inspection, exercise, or the like; to come together as parts of a force or body.
- Hebrew: לאסוף, לרכז, לאזור, להתאסף
- Polish: zwoływać
Muster may refer to:
- Muster (Census), a type of census in the British colony of New South Wales, Australia
- Muster (horse), a roundup of livestock
- Muster (military), a periodic assessment of the availability of local militia in Tudor England
- Muster (Texas A&M University), a time honored tradition at Texas A&M University
- Tenterfield Country Muster, an Australian music festival
- Ute muster, an auto show
People with the surname Muster:
accumulate, agenda, agglomerate, aggregate, aggregation, aggroup, amass, assemblage, assemble, assembly, batch, beadroll, beat the drums, bid come, bring together, bugle call, bulk, bunch, bunch together, bunch up, cadastre, calendar, call, call away, call back, call for, call forth, call in, call out, call to arms, call together, call up, call-up, canvass, catchword, census, census report, checklist, checkroll, cite, clarion, clarion call, clot, clump, cluster, collect, collection, colligate, colligation, collocate, collocation, combination, combine, come together, commandeer, company, compare, comparison, compile, compulsory military service, concourse, concurrence, confluence, conflux, congeries, conglomerate, congregate, congregation, congress, conjure, conjure up, conscript, conscription, convene, convention, converge, convergence, convocation, convoke, copulate, corral, corralling, couple, crowd, cumulate, data-gathering, date, demand, detach, detach for service, dig up, docket, draft, draft call, drafting, dramatis personae, draw together, dredge up, drive together, enlist, enlistment, enroll, enrollment, evoke, exhortation, flock together, flow together, forgather, fuse, gang around, gang up, gather, gather around, gather in, gather together, gathering, get in, get together, go for broke, group, gung ho, head count, herd together, hive, honor roll, horde, huddle, impress, impressment, indent, induct, induction, ingathering, inventory, invoke, join, join up, junction, jury list, jury panel, juxtapose, juxtaposition, league, levy, lineup, link, list, lump together, make the grade, make up, marshal, mass, match, measure up, meet, meeting, merge, mill, mobilization, mobilize, muster in, muster roll, muster up, nose count, order of business, order up, page, pair, partner, pass muster, poll, preconize, press, program, property roll, put together, questionnaire, raise, rake up, rally, rally around, rallying cry, rebel yell, recall, recruit, recruiting, recruitment, rendezvous, requisition, returns, rodeo, roll, roll call, roster, rota, round up, roundup, scrape together, scroll, seethe, selective service, send after, send for, serve, sign, sign on, sign up, slogan, stream, subpoena, summon, summon forth, summon up, summons, surge, survey, swarm, take up, tax roll, throng, trumpet call, turnout, unite, war cry, war whoop, watchword, whip in